Monday, April 02, 2007

בכל דור ודור עומדים עלינו לכלותינו

">






It has been a while since I posted a song. This one caught my interest. It has such dry cynicism, a zany pace, and it is Israel's new entry to the Eurovision by brilliant, avant guard, somewhat eccentric Kobi Oz and "TeaPacks" . It is a very clever song. It deals with the current nuclear threat to Israel from Israel. Watch the song here And here are the words:


The world is full of terror
If someone makes an error
He’s gonna blow us up to biddy biddy kingdom come
There are some crazy rulers they hide and try to fool us
With demonic, technologic willingness to harm
They’re gonna push the button
Push the button push the bu push the bu push the button

And I don’t want to die; I want to see the flowers bloom
Don’t want a go capoot ka boom, and I don’t want to cry
I wanna have a lot of fun, just sitting in the sun
But nevertheless - he’s gonna push the button
Push the button push the bu push the bu push the button



Here are Complete lyrics in Hebrew English and French

For an entire study guide, see the Jewish Agency site put together by Gila Ansell Brauner.








No comments: